Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dreams From Last Night VIII

The following sequence of events was very confused, because I kept waking up and falling back asleep. The earliest I can remember, I was in a place that looked like it could easily be a Mario level. I was on a raised platform over water. For whatever reason, I was talking with a girl or two girls I knew from high school, and I seem to recall plans being made to go visit with one of them. It must have been so, because I began packing clothes, and I put on no less than three layers of clothing for some reason. I remember planning to jump in the water and hoping that things wouldn't get ruined, but I never did, instead finding myself going down the stairs in my parents house and being in the living room. I went out the door and got in my car, someone was with me, but I can't recall who it was. But I drove around town to get to the place I was going. I seem to recall picking someone up or something, because I had to pull into a drive way and there were large dogs laying in it. I, of course, did not wish to hit them, and when we were leaving, I hit a tree to avoid them, crushing the driver's side fender. But I didn't care, and merely continued on.

We arrived at the place and it was a place I knew well, the friend's house where I used to go to play tabletop games. The girl, as it turned out, became an amalgamation of girls I knew from high school. I remember I was still wearing the three layers of clothing and carrying three books. One of the books was, apparently regarding fallacies of Christian beliefs or historical inaccuracies of the Bible or the like, and I seemed to regard it as the most important. There was a big dog, maybe a blood hound, it's hard to recall, who kept jumping on me. I've never liked being jumped on by dogs, and even less as it seemed to be tearing up one of my books, and one of the skirts I was wearing. I was not pleased. Finally we made it to the bedroom/attic and the dog was sent away. at this point I decided to change into a single set of clothes, while my friend (who appeared to be comprised of two hardcore Christian girls I knew, and a couple others who weren't) browsed the books. My friend Jimmy, who I've mentioned died in a car accident many years ago, made a brief appearance, and even in the dream I was aware he was dead, perhaps because I kept waking up and was not fully asleep at the time.

At some point, however, the dream changed. I was still in the same place, but I was no longer with any of my friends, instead I was with some 1950s-esque teenagers having a party. This image was reinforced by the fact that I appeared to be Elvis Presley and I was singing and playing my guitar. I was accompanied by an awkward young man who didn't appear to have a date, and strongly resembled Zack from Saved By The Bell. I, being the person that I am, tried to help him gain some confidence, and it seemed that I worked, as one of the girls ended up sleeping with him. Suddenly, however, the scene changed, and I was reduced to the role of observer. The two of them were out in the woods, and the girl made mention of the fact that they'd had sex more than once. She said something to the effect that doing it out in the woods was to get to know the person, instead of the character he was playing at the party. Then, they spotted an observer. A jock-type, playfully smiling at them while peeking over the edge of a cliff. The girl laughed and said something that suggested she had previously had sex with him as well, and that she was about to again (?) and they both went to help him up. However, instead of climbing up, he pulled the girl off to her death, and tried to pull Zack off as well, but Zack stuck a thumb in his eye. The guy bit Zack's fingers, but eventually his eye popped out and he fell, but the fingers went with him. He got impaled on a tree branch, and did a kind of dying-coughing-laughing and said something that I don't recall. At this point the girl, quite dead, appeared back at the top of the cliff. It seemed clear she intended Zack harm, and he ran back to the campfire and lit it up. The girl, dead and mangled, walked into the fire light and... well, then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment