Monday, November 10, 2014

Dreams From Last Night X

It's been a few days since I've written anything, but I had some strange dreams last night. The first involved my partner Rachel and I. I was in some sort of video game-esque mission, involving assassinating particular people in some sort of military complex. I tried it several times, and I was aware that there was a way that you could do it without getting caught, but I didn't succeed and was eventually thrown into a sort of strange prison. There was a way to escape, however, and that's when Rachel became involved. At this point, it was more like a tapletop RPG with a GM and such. It was supposed to be Rachel who got us out, evidently, as she was instructed to find it. It was a strange place with a sort of desert floor, and a large tree in the middle. The kind of tree with the openings in the trunk. There were also massive archives of books, one of which held the key to our escape. We were looking for a particular book, marked with a catalog number that began NCC. We did not ind it in the archives, and Rachel had a conversation with the GM which with them saying "Ththe Gen, go look in the one place you haven't yet," by which they meant the top of the tree. We climbed up and in the center of the treetop was a large ant colony guarding the book. I have a vague notion that they were fire ants, but I can't be sure. Regardless, the GM said we had found the "worst queen of kings" whatever that was supposed to mean. I recall Rachel going for the book, and thinking that too many stings could be fatal, but nothing more after that.

The second dream began with my partner Kai and I meeting a friend of mine and discussing a nearby town that was apparently some sort of conservative utopia. We decided to check it out on a lark. Turns out, my subconscious doesn't really know what a conservative utopia is, because it seemed more like a communist collective than a conservative paradise, honestly. There were no taxes (a seemingly conservative thing), but there were no stores either. All money was communal, and you were given food based on your work output, whatever your work happened to be. I actually wanted to live there, and the person who was speaking to us about it said they needed people, because they were slowly running out of money (which honestly makes sense). I said well, we couldn't afford much, saying $500 was our limit. He said that if we bought a house for $500 (which is less than we pay in rent for this apartment), we would actually get two houses, because they were that desperate for money and people. I thought this was fantastic, and started looking around the town for a suitable house. There was a trailer that met the price that I was not particularly found of, as the idea of living in a trailer did not appeal to me, but we decided to check it out anyway. Kai and my friend were no longer with me, but instead my brother was. I've no idea why. But as we were checking out the house, a group of kids followed us in. Some of the lights didn't work, but the electricity was still on. I started to get the sense that the place was dangerous and in the kitchen, there was some desserts on the counter. One of the kids tried to get a drink of water from the faucet, but the water was brown. I suggested that they leave, as there was nothing here for them, but they were reluctant. I took a piece from one of the desserts and tasted it, and showed them that it was stale and told them to leave. Some of them did, but one wanted to say. I had to resort to threatening to tell the kid's parents (whom I had never met). However, I finally got them out the door, and locked it behind them, which might have been a bad idea. My brother, apparently, was searching the house for money. Like, robbing the place. I have no idea why, However, the tone of the dream had shifted at some point. The house/trailer belonged to a family that were essentially pirates or bandits of some sort. My brother found a purse full of change and picked it up. Then we somehow wound up with a sort of tour group. But the tour guide was possessed or something, and wanted the purse. So we returned it, only we emptied it first. Other things happened, but they are too vague to recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment