Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dreams From Last Night II

(Possible Trigger Warning: Sexual assault)

More strange dreams. I only remember one with any clarity, but there are many fragments that I remember, mostly the sort of dreams that I am trying to wake up and struggling desperately to do so. Fortunately today, those were not as terrifying as they sometimes are, rather a minor inconvenience.

As for the dream I remember, it was very strange indeed. I don't recall how it began, but the earliest part I can recall clearly featured me in a sort of high school-like setting (as seems to be the case frequently these days, but that's a tale for another time), and an assignment to fill out a crossword grid with the names of people you know, and then use the names you wrote to replace names in sentences that corresponded to the numbers. Most of them were fairly normal, but the last I can recall, was a very explicit description of being sexually assaulted.To make matters worse, it mentioned Brad Pitt's role in Fight Club as a guideline, for reasons I can only guess.

At this point, the dream shifted, placing me in the role of Brad Pitt in a film that certainly was not Fight Club. Nor was it a film that I recognize at all, now that I am awake. But nonetheless, I was thrust into this action role. The first details elude me, but eventually, the person aiding me and I were to sneak into a Turkish embassy and... do something that was rather vague and unclear. I recall telling this person that we would need to complete a military uniform as a disguise, but first we'd go in and scope it out. We looked around the embassy, and then as we were leaving alarms started going off and guards... that did not look like guards at all, but rather slightly overweight, greasy blond haired computer techs with thick framed glasses, all of them identical, began searching for us. We casually walked out of the lobby, but as we did, we were recognized, and so began the chase scene, of course.

The person and I ran in different directions. The embassy apparently released dogs, but not attack dogs as you'd expect, but little yappy dogs. None the less, the dream became very video gamey at that point, and for some reason I had a gun. I tried to hide, but the dogs found me, so I had to fight my way out, and I found myself in a very upscale neighborhood, with lots of mansions and expensive stores, one advertising a hat for $537 (people say that in dreams, you can't recognize numbers, but I've never had that problem). I continued fleeing and found myself in a building that had a shower room, and decided to use it. There was a person in there already, who told me that they would take care of my clothes as well, and if I needed anything just ask. So, I took a shower, and when I exited, the building was filled with robots. Hostile to me, of course. Again with no warning or knowledge of how, I had acquired a rocket launcher, which evidently, had nuclear warheads, as I remember thinking that I was too close, and a few minutes later, my father, who was somehow in the building now, asked me what was going on, so I asked him for a first aid kit to heal my large dose of radiation, because video games.  I woke up after this, and I tried to recapture the dream, but I never really did, all the dreams I remember after are fragmentary and incoherent (as if this one /was/ coherent). I do remember my parents being in several others, however, but in varying capacities. I wonder if my dreams are ever not strange? I never remember them if they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment