Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dreams From Last Night VI

Last night, I had some odd dreams, with the high school themes strong once again. The first I can remember involved attending a foam fighting event I enjoy called Ragnarok. I seem to recall that my unit was the only one on the field, for some reason or other, and we decided to pick up things. Trash and the like. We did so, and I wandered away for some reason, and when I returned they had already begun to leave. They had gathered my things, but as I followed them I picked up many things that they dropped, including a good deal of my gear. I was highly annoyed, by this. I also overheard a couple people not in my unit discussing picking things up, because we had helped out. I returned to our camp and talked about this with people, and I discovered a few people I knew from high school were in the unit when they are not, really. Of course, in the dream I thought nothing of it. After that I left the camp again to meet two other people I knew from high school, who were new to the event, but on the way the tone shifted. No longer was I at Ragnarok, but I was on a space station of some sort. There was some discussion of anime going on, but the main thing I  remember is that a person that I met when I moved to Ohio (after college, mind you) was there. I talked to here, with the people I knew from high school. Funnily enough, all of us were wearing sweatshirts with my high school's mascot, including the person I didn't attend high school with. I asked her where she got it, and she said that someone had given it to her because they both liked Dawson's Creek. One of the girls who went to high school with me then informed me that the person who gave her the shirt was married to another person I didn't  meet until I moved here, and referred to them by name. I accepted this, and we continued on to our destination.

I woke up at some point, and in the shadowy area between sleep and waking, my group went to a bar on this space station, prompting the bartender, a stereotypical 19th century prospector/Old West character robot, to voice complaints about giving the rest of the staff the night off moments before. In walked a robot that appeared to be a version of Bender from Futurama though in a "chibi" style, who ordered "champeanutbutter", I laughed at the concept of peanutbutter flavored champaign aloud, and thus woke myself up fully, ending the dream entirely.

Another dream I had involved being back at high school, never being able to close my locker. I did, however, receive some strange awards for championing soda pop, or something. The two main memorable parts of this dream were first, a girl I didn't meet until college was there, and second, the unexplained corpses outside the school. The girl is actually so much younger than me that we weren't even in high school at the same time, and didn't attend the same school, but of course, dreams don't care. I went to talk to her at her locker and she told me she was moving away. I was very disheartened by this, and asked her if she still had my phone number. She said she didn't think so as she was walking out of the school. I followed her and gave it to her. Her mother was in the parking lot waiting, and she told her mom to wait a minute while I gave her my number, and then they left. Now, for the corpses. So, as I was trying to go back in so I could go to class, I realized that there were emergency vehicles all over the parking lot. Now, I had memories of there being two dead bodies on the blacktop before, and so I was entirely unconcerned with this development. Well, not entirely unconcerned. I walked towards the door, and they had the bodies laid out in the middle of the sidewalk, uncovered. This was profoundly disturbing to me. I overheard someone saying they needed to figure out why they died, and I recall thinking that they froze to death. How I came to this conclusion, I don't really know, but I decided to go to a different door to enter, because I didn't know if the emergency crews would let me pass, and more to the point, I didn't really want to see the bodies any closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment