Friday, October 24, 2014

Dreams From Last Night V

My sleeping pills are generally good for giving me bizarre dreams. And last night was no exception. The first I recall was rather cinematic.I don't recall having an active role in it at all. There was a man in a rather odd outfit, some sort of protective suit. He was protecting a small group of people from harm from some nebulous and unknown threat, but he went for a run, and a young boy helped him gear up before hand. When he finished and returned, he sat in a diner that the boy, a woman, and another man were in. The boy moved to take food to the protector man, but the other man called him to himself first. I understood the second man to be kind of the leader, though not by any virtue I could see. The protector man then stood and sat at the table next to the leader man, and the woman and boy served the protector man first. The leader man didn't seem to like this and commented that the protector man "smelled bad", presumably from running, and he needed to go to a different table. Unfortunately, that's as far as the dream went, but I think it's a good seed for a later story.

The second dream I recall, I was at my paternal grandmother's old house, or one very like it, and my cousins, among others, were there. I was also conscious of a change in timeline, as the old garage (of which I have some amusing stories), was still standing, but I knew that it was going to be gone and I seemed to be the age I am now, as opposed to younger. However, a severe storm had whipped up and we all, had taken refuge in the clubhouse that used to stand behind the driveway, itself an anachronism that I didn't think about. In real life, it had been a free standing wooden structure five or so feet off the ground. In my dream it was much the same, except there was a zip line across the driveway (which would later be a river gorge, but I'm jumping ahead), as well as a lower level that consisted of a castle-like stone structure. Why we took refuge here instead of inside the house or in the basement is beyond me.

However, that is where we took refuge. Now, when I say we, I mean myself and apparently, a bunch of the action figures and toys I had when I was a kid, or toys that I might have liked as a kid. Also, fictional characters, including, notably, one Victor Trajian who you might have seen mentioned in my writings.

In any event, the storm passed and I took the zipline across what was now a river gorge, for some reason. The garage's roof had collapsed, I noted, confirming my knowledge that it was not long for this world, but otherwise things seemed alright. I went to the main house and did some things I don't recall, but it came to my attention that one of my cousins intended to do me harm, for some reason. So, I retreated to the zipline to find Samus Aran waiting for me on the other side. She crossed to me and told me something I don't recall, and then crossing the zipline came the teenage mutant ninja turtle, Leonardo. He told me that he was no longer a teenager (and he did look older, to be sure, and resembled the costume from the old movie from the early 90s, though aged and scarred), he also told me he was an agent, an assassin if I would,  like a true ninja. He swung one of his swords, but I had a wooden sword of my own from somewhere that I was able to parry with. Samus, however, came to my rescue and drove him off. I wisely said to her that I was sure that was my cousin who meant me harm, and he would surely be back in a different guise. I said something regarding the importance of family, and embraced my protector, even in her bulky armor, and assured her that she was part of my family.

Again, an interesting seed for a story for later use. I rather like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment