Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dreams From Last Night III

Last night's dreams were not bad. Worth telling, however. The first I recall, I don't recall much. My brother and  one of his childhood friends (who was a very small child indeed in my dream), made a horrendous mess in my parents' upstairs bathroom. They, apparently, poured... olive oil all over the floor. So, I was, naturally upset by this, and it seemed to be my birthday or something, so I was making them clean it. The friend, whose name was (and still might be, as far as I'm aware) Adam, was not being particularly helpful, and I was angry, so I told him he had to go home. It was quite cold outside, snow on the ground and all that. I felt bad about making him walk in the cold so I wanted to invite him to play with everyone else outside instead. The most logical thing, of course. But, he, in his reluctance, had hidden in my partner's tablet, so I was chasing him around, 16-bit style, trying to ask him to come and play with us. Meanwhile, my brother had gotten the other people there to pester my brother about getting me to make the cupcakes I was, apparently supposed to make. Quite strange indeed.

The other dreams I recall were both basketball related. When I was younger, I didn't much care for basketball, I tried out for the team in junior high, but didn't make it. I was short and not very coordinated or athletic at the time. I'm still short, 5'4", and probably still not very coordinated or athletic, though probably slightly more so than I had been, but I digress. I started enjoying watching basketball, and even shooting around a bit in my late teens and early twenties, but never anything serious as far as the playing went, and with basketball season around the corner, I've been watching a bit of it lately.

In any event, in my dreams, I was actually playing, with quite a few people from my high school, in what resembled my old high school gym. I was playing point guard, unsurprisingly, and doing acceptable work. The coach appeared to be a friend of mine who is quite a bit older than me, and has no connection to either my high school or basketball as far as I'm aware. He instructed us that our main shooter (a guy I knew from high school, who was a fairly decent basketballer) was doing it wrong, and he was actually a better shot with his left hand, but he couldn't get passed the "shoot with your dominant hand" thing. I also noted that he was favoring his left shoulder as if it was injured, but in the fuzzy logic of the dream I did not make the connection. The team I was on was mostly guys, and the team we were playing was mostly girls. I've no idea the significance of this, or if it's relevant, but I remember that fairly clearly. I also tried to be a team leader and get people doing what they were supposed to, but I don't know how that worked out, because I woke up shortly after.

The second basketball dream, was a bit different. Still on a team, some people were from my high school, some not. I was mostly passing and shooting. It seemed to be some sort of practice game, half-court and the other team... well, I don't really know if there even was another team, but we were acting as if there was. Anyway, the shots from many people, myself included were pretty bad. I was doing alright with passes and dribbles, and towards the end, I found my spot in the mid-range. Evidently, in my dreams, I'm not so good at the layups and inside game, but mid-range jumpers are my thing. Okay. Having hit my stride, I was pretty excited, and when the game/practice/whatever ended, I was talking with another person (who I thought of as the other guard, or another point guard, I'm not too clear), and the topic of my performance came up. He said something about everyone loving me, and I said "Everyone already loves me, what are you talking about? Who wouldn't love me?" after that gem, I got serious and said that he got more points than me, a statement which was backed up by someone else, but I said I thought I had gotten a few assists. (A stat in my mind that is more important for point guards than baskets made). After that, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment